Thursday, 15 August 2019
Nursery & Garden Industry Australia has teamed up with the Northern Territory Government and the Australian Department of Agriculture to deliver a series of free and practical plant protection workshops for growers in Northern Australia.
Held across the NT, QLD and WA, the workshops will assist growers on how to implement an effective plant protection program. Attendees will learn how to create a program that assists in the prevention, mitigation and assessment of pests in production nurseries.
Each workshop will also cover best practice resources for the nursery industry, such as BioSecure HACCP, as well as the following topics:
- Introduction to key elements of plant protection programmes in nursery production
- How plant protection in nursery productions aligns with components of Best Management Practice and biosecurity programmes
- How to access information on developing plant protection programmes
- How to apply plant protection principles in developing detailed Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plans
- Practical crop monitoring procedures.
NGIA has engaged Technical Advisor at NGIQ, Lex McMullin, to deliver the workshop series. A representative from Biological Services, a national IPM service company, will also provide implementation and monitoring tips on the day.