Western Australian growers and production staff are invited to attend the final leg of the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Workshop series, held in Perth and Bunbury this November.
In collaboration with NGIWA and run by the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (QDAF), these workshops aim to provide practical advice on managing pest insects and mites, to better protect the biosecurity of your production businesses.
The workshops will focus on the following areas:
- Using IPM to protect plants from key pests
- How to modify crop production to reduce pest pressure
- How to use pesticides within an IPM program
- The physiology behind pesticide mode of action
- How to effectively manage pesticides to reduce resistance
- New biological control agents for production nurseries
- How to identify key pests and beneficials
- Getting the most out of industry resources, e.g. the Nursery Production Farm Management System (FMS)