The next generation gathered recently to discuss the current state of the nursery industry and provide their thoughts on where they see the industry in five and ten years’ time.
The participants represented the diversity of the industry, including growers, wholesale and retail, and spent four hours workshopping issues that aren’t just relevant in Australia, but are being considered world-wide:
- Promoting our industry as a career of choice.
- Training, education and professional development.
- Industry research and development priorities.
- Industry Structure Review
- Communicating with and engaging industry