Horticulture Australia Limited has introduced a Leadership training program for current and emerging leaders within Horticulture. This program is funded from the Across Industry funds and will be run by Strategic Business Development Pty Ltd. The training will be a mix of face to face, group and online sessions. Applications were called from all Horticulture Industries and there were over 90 applicants. The Nursery Industry has fared very well in the selection process with the following individuals selected to partake in the program.
The National Urban Forest Alliance (NUFA) is supporting one day i-TreeECO Australia training seminars in all capital cities. The seminars are designed to provide participants with an overview of the i-Tree ECO software and its application. NGIA is a Platinum Partner of the NUFA which was recently formed to promote the growth and recognition of the urban forests in Australian cities and regional centres.
i-TreeEco is part of a software suite of urban forest analysis tools (referred to as i-Tree) that provides information ranging from environmental benefits, canopy and land cover, stormwater analysis, species selection and storm damage management. It is designed to use field data from complete inventories or randomly located sample plots to quantify urban forest structure, environmental effects, and environmental and monetary value to communities.
The site allows for 24/7, ‘real-time’ access and sharing of levy information whilst also generating a monthly email of recent posts to all those subscribed to receive it.
You will receive a monthly email of recent posts by either signing up directly (http://eepurl.com/hPZvI) , or as a previous subscriber to ‘NGIA Clippings’ which has now been super-seeded by this e-news publication.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A new project AH11014, Across Horticulture Leadership Training, has been implemented and there were over 93 applicants to participate. Two groups of 25 – Current Leaders and Emerging Leaders will be involved in a training program that utilises a combination of on line and Face to Face sessions. The Objectives of the program are:
- Improve the ability of growers and other industry members to lead, guide and provide strategic direction for the industry,
- Increase the capacity of growers to fill roles of responsibility within regional, state and/or national grower organisations and related bodies,
- Increase the knowledge of industry representation, hierarchy and relationships leading to improved cooperation and collaboration within and between horticulture industries, government and the supply chain
- Increase the understanding of strategy building, governance and accountability
- Improve succession planning and mentoring in relation to leadership roles
For more information on this program visit: http://horticulture-nextgeneration.com./
Information on Training programs delivered by Mindshop can be found at: http://www.web.mindshop.com/online-learning
All horticultural industry sectors contribute to the funding of the across industry program through R&D levy and R&D Voluntary contributions (VC) which are matched by the Australian Government.
In addition to the collaborative project investment undertaken through multi industry funded projects, R&D project investment made through this program focuses on providing outputs that are widely beneficial across the breadth of horticulture.
The Across Industry Committee provides program investment advice to HAL on behalf of all member industries.
Project investment within the Across Industry program is currently made in the context of four objectives:
• Enhance the efficiency, transparency, responsiveness and integrity of the supply chain for the total industry to provide clear market signals.
• Maximise the health benefits of horticulture products in the eyes of consumers, influencers and Government.
• Position horticulture to compete in a globalised environment.
• Achieve long term viability and sustainability for Australian horticulture.
For more details on the Across Industry program which utilises funds from the Nursery Industry Levy refer to the HAL website http://www.horticulture.com.au/industries/Across%20Industry%20Program/across_industry_program.asp