The Executive of Nursery & Garden Industry Australia (NGIA), representing the industry at a national level, and the Executive of the Nursery and Garden Industry Association of New Zealand (NGINZ) recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) at the NGINZ Conference.
The purpose of the MoU was to encourage both parties to work closer together to:
- Promote and further the interests of the nursery and garden industry and allied industries in the Commonwealth of Australia and New Zealand.
- Assist and/or to promote horticultural education, skills development and employment opportunities in the area of lifestyle horticulture.
- Work together to identify areas of research that may be beneficial for cooperation between countries.
- Promote, seek or oppose legislation or other measures that may affect the interests of nurserypersons, garden industry or allied industries.
- Arrange for distribution to industry stakeholders and members, information and commodities deemed necessary for the development of the associated trades.
- Maintain dialogue with all Government and semi-government departments in the advancement of technical data covering the nursery, landscape-horticultural and allied fields of activity as it relates to markets and potential trade.