Welcome to the new financial year. I am not sure where the last financial year went or for that matter the first half of 2016.
Following my recent communique to you on my activities in May, I have had another interesting month of activities in June. A key activity was the NGIA Board meeting where the Directors worked through the following items of business:
- NGI Structure Review – the review committee was in attendance and they are making excellent progress with their information and data gathering activities
- NGIA Strategy 2016-2020 – endorsed for implementation
- Nursery Production Farm Management System (including NISA, EcoHort and BioSecure HACCP) – progress on the transition of the administration and management of the programs to NGIA
- Nursery and Garden Awards – will not be held on a national basis in 2016 but will be reviewed.
- Horticulture Innovation Australia R&D and Marketing programs – including a presentation by Graeme Yardy who is the Marketing Lead at HIA and has oversight of the 202020 Vision Program