Friday, 6 September 2019
NSW production nurseries are invited to attend an upcoming biosecurity workshop on ‘Integrated Pest Management, Insect and Mite Identification’ on 9 October 2019 at Rouse Hill.
In collaboration with NGIA, the Queensland Department of Agriculture (QDAF) will deliver a workshop on how to prevent pests from damaging crops using IPM. The project is funded by Hort Innovation using the nursery industry levy and funds from QDAF.
Date: 9 October 2019
Time : 8:30AM – 1:00PM
Venue: Rex Money Room, Rouse Hill Library and Community Centre
Address: Cnr of Civic Way & Main St, Rouse Hill, NSW 2155
DAF entomologists and pathologists will present an informative workshop for production nurseries to build their capacity in the area of IPM. It will focus on:
- Using IPM to protect plants from key pests
- How to modify crop production to reduce pest pressure
- How to use pesticides within an IPM program
- The physiology behind the pesticide mode of action
- How to effectively manage pesticides to reduce resistance
- New biological control agents for production nurseries
- How to identify key pests and beneficials
- Getting the most out of industry resources, such as the Nursery Production FMS.