The Strategic Investment Advisory Panel for the nursery industry has been appointed, tasked with advising Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited on the investment of industry levy-funds.
The members are:
- Mike Mehigan (Elegant Outdoors P/L, NSW)
- Hamish Mitchell (Speciality Trees, Vic)
- Ken Bevan (Alpine Nursery, NSW)
- Sonja Cameron (Cameron Nursery, NSW)
- Carol Fudge (Benara Nurseries, WA)
- Todd Layt (Ozbreed, NSW)
- Anthony Tesselaar (Tesselaar Plants, Vic)
- John Bunker (Greenlife Solutions, Qld)
The appointments follow a nationally advertised expression of interest process and interviews conducted by a panel including a Hort Innovation director, a peak industry body representative, and an independent third party representative.
It is expected that Panel Members have an ear to the ground and will represent the sentiment of their industry.
However, individual growers can also have a direct input into their industry program by submitting ideas through the concept form on the Hort Innovation website, participating in the development of the strategic investment plan or by contacting the Hort Innovation relationship manager (John Vatikiotis – 02 8295 2384).
Hort Innovation will appoint an independent Chair, with the role of ensuring the smooth conduct of meetings, governance procedures and ensuring the objectives of each meeting are achieved.
• Hort Innovation concept form
• Levy payer consultation on Hort Innovation’s strategic plan