Monday, 10 May 2021
The Greenlife Industry Australia careers hub is now live, providing business owners and job seekers with a suite of resources which outline the opportunities available within the nursery industry.
Like many agricultural industries, the greenlife industry faces several challenges that impact its ability to attract and retain both a new and experienced workforce including unfamiliarity with career pathways, perceived lower wages and available education.
The hub which is a result of levy funded project ‘Developing Nursery Career Pathways’ (NY19006) is tackling these challenges head on by providing detailed information on the benefits of working in the industry, career pathways and educational and vocational opportunities.
The industry has a strong story to tell as the community is increasingly seeing the value of the greenlife sector and how it contributes directly to creating liveable cities, healthy environments and protects Australia’s food security future.
This project, led by RMCG and GIA, aims to provide as many opportunities as possible for Australians to become a part of our story.
Head to the GIA Careers Hub today to find:
- All about greenlife careers – Up to date information on employability skills and scholarships available.
- Career pathways – Information on the courses available to students and the career pathways attached to the qualifications.
- Education and training information – Details on horticulture-related higher education opportunities from TAFE universities and other vocational educational providers.
- Greenlife careers guide – Series of case studies showing diverse career pathways taken in the industry.
- Information for career advisors – Brochures for career advisors and students looking at a career in the sector.
- Greenlife job board – Interactive job board showcasing current opportunities in the greenlife industry.
- Greenlife NexGen – Contacts for groups and associations of young horticulture industry participants.
- Train the Trainer – Guide on training new employees.
This hub of resources aims to capture the interest of prospective employees and continue the pipeline of fresh talent into the industry by offering them insight into potential careers they could have demonstrating that there is a greenlife pathway for everyone.
The Careers Hub is now live and available to access here.
The ‘Developing Nursery Career Pathways’ (NY19006) project has been funded by Hort Innovation using nursery industry levies and funds from the Australian Government.