Wednesday, 13 June 2018
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) brings together the elements of pest prevention, pest assessment, pest mitigation and process revision.
NGIA is conducting a workshop for nursery production to provide growers with an understanding of how the Nursery Production Farm Management System brings these elements together to form the platform for an IPM system in nursery production.
- Date: 28 June 2018
- Time: 10am to 3pm (Lunch provided)
- Venue: Green Fingers Potting Mix, 709 Stapylton-Jacobs Wells Rd, Woongoolba QLD 4207
- Presenter: John McDonald – NGIA National Biosecurity Manager
Using BioSecure HACCP, your business can achieve productivity gains through pest management, crop improvements and system efficiencies as well as meeting your biosecurity obligations (duty of care) and market access needs. The forum will cover:
- An introduction to IPM in nursery production and the key IPM elements
- Aligning NIASA and BioSecure HACCP to the key components of IPM in nursery production
- How to use BioSecure HACCP procedures to improve IPM pest management outcomes
- Informing pesticide application decisions as a part of a strategic IPM program
- National biosecurity system and market access programs for nursery stock
- Strategies for growers to implement that demonstrate biosecurity duty of care obligations are being met.
Places at this information forum are limited, so if you want to find out what BioSecure HACCP can do for your business, please complete the RSVP details below and email to email@example.com by Tuesday 26th June 2018 to secure your free place. For further information please contact John McDonald on 0419 683 457.
Project Code: NY15004
- To register, complete the online form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 26 June 2018.
- To learn more about the program, visit: nurseryproductionfms.com.au