There is still time to apply for a nursery scholarship for the 2018 Global Masterclass in Horticultural Business, with applications closing on Monday, 20 November 2017.
Described as a mini-MBA, the Masterclass runs for 10 months and provides a comprehensive, affordable and accessible program for those looking to take their horticulture career to the next level.
The nursery industry has once again allocated $30,000 worth of scholarship funding towards the Masterclass in 2018. Nursery employers and employees that have a passion for building their skills and the industry’s capacity are strongly encouraged to apply!
What will the course offer?
You will network with like-minded people within the nursery industry and, more broadly, the horticultural sector and work to find solutions for commonly shared challenges.
As the first of its kind for Australian horticulture, you will learn from international leaders and study best practice examples in business management from around the world.
You will be able to apply these new learnings to your business in a practical way to boost business performance and staff morale.
Who can apply?
The Masterclass in Horticultural Business targets upcoming leaders in the horticulture sector and would suit you if you:
- Have experience in the nursery industry and want to take your career to the next level.
- Recognise urgency for change and growth in the sector, while contributing to your own professional growth.
- Are driven to learn and to apply those insights to the business and, more broadly, the industry.
- Reflect on your own performance, business and industry developments as a way of continuous improvement.
The course is flexible through online delivery, with three face to face intensives at the start, middle and end of the course. Eight components will be covered:
- Horticultural Management
- People and Culture
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Financial Management and Law
- Horticultural Marketing and Communication
- Global Trends and International Business
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Development and Strategy
The study period starts on 12 February and has four terms finishing on 2 December 2018.
Who is eligible for a scholarship and how do I apply?
The nursery industry scholarships are open to all growers who pay an industry levy or are employed by a levy paying business. Applicants must demonstrate the benefit their participation in the course will make to the future of the Australian nursery industry. Multiple scholarships will be awarded up to a total value of $30,000.
Apply online now. Applications for scholarships close Monday 20th November 2017 and for course enrolment on 4th December 2017. For more information, please contact Claire Knowles on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more? See what the class of 2017 said about the course! Read more >>